Health Benefits of Coffee
- 11 March 2020
- 0 Comments
Coffee is often looked at by the general public as an energy drink. Something that will give you a little bit of a caffeine pick-me-up to get the day rolling. But coffee has health benefits as well.
It is important to remember to only consume coffee and other caffeine beverages if you have a healthy heart. Any stimulant can be bad for an unhealthy heart.
Here is a quick list of benefits of drinking coffee:
- Increases your fiber intake. Keeps you regular. Coffee contains up to 1.8 grams of fiber.
- Can help protect your liver from cirrhosis according to this scientific study.
- According to European Journal of Neurology coffee can help lower your risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
- Coffee can help reduce risk of Parkinson’s disease according to this study.
- In Korea, they found that people who drink 3-5 cups of coffee per day have lower rates of heart disease.
- According to the study found here, being a regular coffee drinking lowers your risk of colorectal cancer by 26%.
- Less risk of getting the gout if you are a regular coffee drinker, so says this study.
So for all you who felt like coffee is a bad thing, think again. Coffee, in moderation, has long-term health benefits.
We sell a cold brew and hot coffee here at Island Smoothie Cafe here in the Outer Banks NC.